Qi ~ is Life Giving Energy - Life Force - Essence of Life
Gong ~ is the working with or managing this Life Force
In Yoga, it corresponds to:
Prana ~ is Life Giving Energy - Life Force - Essence of Life in sanskrit language
Yama ~ in sanskrit is the working with or managing the Life Force.
Chinese Medicine utilizes this discipline to provide the individual with tools to:
a) clear or purge energy that is toxic or stagnant which create blockages,
b) regulate or balance the flow of energy in your body,
c) strengthen or tonify the systems to hold more Life energy flow.
The methods used to accomplish the above can include special movements, tapping, breathing and visualizations that stretch or open the meridians or channels that run Qi. Hatha Yoga also provides the same but using a different set of movements and breathing techniques.
Join us to confirm for yourself the promise of this system. It is an empowering method which allows you to acquire more energy for longevity to accomplish whatever you choose.
Whether viewed from the perspective of exercise, health, philosophy, or martial arts training, several main principles emerge concerning the practice of Qi-gong:
- Intentional movement: careful, flowing balanced style
- Rhythmic breathing: slow, deep, coordinated with fluid movement
- Awareness: calm, focused meditative state
- Visualization: of qi flow, philosophical tenets, aesthetics
- Healing Sound: use of sound as a focal point
- Softness: soft gaze, expressionless face
- Solid Stance: firm footing, erect spine
- Relaxation: relaxed muscles, slightly bent joints
- Balance and Counterbalance: motion over the center of gravity
- Equanimity: more fluid, more relaxed
- Tranquility: empty mind, high awareness
- Stillness: smaller and smaller movements, eventually to complete stillness